(1) Yue, S. M.; Hou, T. T. Synthesis, crystal structure, photoluminescence and theoretical studies of a series of copper(I) compounds based on imidazole derivatives. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2013, 15, 15–20.
(2) Guo, J. R.; Yan, J. W.; Chen, S. B.; G, L. Q. A simple structural modification to thiazole orange to improve the selective detection of G-quadruplexes. Dyes and Pigments 2016, 26, 76–85.
(3) Lewis, A.; Donald, M.; Scharbach, S. J.; Hamaway, S. J. The chemical biology of Cu(II) compounds with imidazole or thiazole containing ligands: synthesis, crystal structures and comparative biological activity. J. Inorg. Biochem. 2016,157, 52–61.
(4) Zhou, W.; Zhang, J.; Sun, Z. G.; Zhu, Y. Y.; Jiao, C. J.; Shi, S. P. Synthesis, crystal structures, and luminescent properties of tin(II) and lead(II) carboxyphosphonates with 3D framework structures. Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2014, 47, 37–41.
(5) Yeap, G. Y.; Heng, B. T.; Faradiana, N.; Zulkifly, R. Synthesis, molecular structures and phase transition studies on benzothiazole-cored Schiff bases with their Cu(II) and Pd(II) complexes: crystal structure of (E)-6-methoxy-2-(4-octyloxy-2-hydroxybenzylideneamino)benzothiazole. J. Mol. Struct. 2012, 1012, 1–11.
(6) Chen, X. W.; Jia, G. K.; Wang, Z. C. Synthesis, crystal structure and antitumor activities of (14S)-2,14-diphenyl-6,6a,11,12-tetrahydro-5H,10H,14H-[1,8] naphthyridino [1,2-c] pyrido [3,2,1-ij] quinazoline-3-carbonitrile. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2018, 37, 1411-1416.
(7) Lianka, N.; Motoki, S.; Nakai, M. DNA binding behaviors and nuclease activities of novel mixed-ligand ruthenium(II) compounds. Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2014, 46, 145–148.
(8) Soares, M. I. L.; Brito, A. F.; Laranjo, M. Chiral 6-hydroxymethyl-1H,3H-pyrrolo[1,2-c]thiazoles: novel antitumor DNA monoalkylating agents. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2010, 45, 4676–4681.
(9) Lu, Q.; Zhou, Z. X.; Mei, Y.; Wei, W.; Liu, S. Q. Detection of DNA damage by thiazole orange fluorescence probe assisted with exonuclease III. Talanta. 2013, 116, 958–963.
(10) Breydo, L.; Zang, H.; Gates, K. S. Synthesis and noncovalent DNA-binding properties of thiazole derivatives related to leinamycin. Tetra. Lett. 2004, 45, 5711–5716.
(11) Hoppenau, C. E.; Trana, V. T.; Kuscha, H.; Stromeyera, S. A. B.; Brausa, G. H. Verticillium dahliae VdTHI4, involved in thiazole biosynthesis, stress response and DNA repair functions, is required for vascular disease induction in tomato. Environ. Exp. Bot. 2014, 108 14–22.
(12) Wang, J. J.; Sun, H. Y.; Li, C. B. A benzimidazole-pyridine-2,3-dicarboxylic acid bridged zinc(II) coordination complex-crystal structure, quantum chemistry and luminescence. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2018, 37, 1502–1508.
(13) Nagaraj, K.; Arunachalam, S. Binding of a double-chain surfactant-cobalt(III) compound to CT DNA: effect of β-cyclodextrin in the medium. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2013, 62, 273–280.
(14) Feng, Y. Q.; Wang, L.; Xing, Z. Z.; Huang, Q. Z.; Ma, P. T. A new Cu(II) coordination polymer constructed from two kinds of ligands and rare [Ta2OF10]2− anion: synthesis, crystal structure and fluorescent properties. Inorg. Chem. Commun. 2018, 93, 15–19.
(15) Wu, H. L.; Yuan, J. K.; Zhang, Y. H.; Shi, F. R. Interactions of CT-DNA with hypocrellin A and its Al3+-hypocrellin A compound. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2013, 404, 13–22.
(16) Kang, B. H.; Li, N. B.; Gao, Z. F.; Li, N. Thiazole orange as a fluorescent probe: label-free and selective detection of silver ions based on the structural change of i-motif DNA at neutral l pH. Talanta 2016, 156, 141–146.
(17) Alvarez, N.; Veiga, N. Synthesis, structural characterization and DNA interaction of new copper-terpyridine compounds. Polyhedron 2014, 68, 295–302.
(18) Ma, F.; Ge, X. F.; Huang, H. Y.; Yang, C. Interactions of CT-DNA with hypocrellin A and its Al3+–hypocrellin A compound. Spect. Acta. A 2013, 109, 158–163.
(19) Nagaraj, K.; Arunachalam, S. Binding of a double-chain surfactant-cobalt(III) compound to CT DNA: effect of β-cyclodextrin in the medium. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2013, 62, 273–280.
(20) Gajera, S. B.; Mehta, J. V.; Patel, M. N. DNA interaction, cytotoxicity, antibacterial and antituberculosis activity of oxovanadium(IV) compounds derived from fluoroquinolones and 4-hydroxy-5-((4-hydroxyphenyl)diazenyl)thiazole-2(3H)-thione. RSC Adv. 2015, 5, 21710–21720.
(21) Gjorgjieva, M.; Tomašič, T.; Barančokova, M.; Katsamakas, S.; Ilaš, J.; Tammela, P.; Mašič, L. P. Discovery of benzothiazole Scaffold-based DNA Gyrase B inhibitors. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2016, 59, 8941–8954.
(22) Barone, G.; Terenzi, A.; Lauria, A.; Almerico, A. M. DNA-binding of nickel(II), copper(II) and zinc(II) compounds: structure-affinity relationships. Coord. Chem. Rev. 2013, 257, 2848–2862.
(23) Darabi, F.; Hadadzadeh, H.; Ebrahimi, M.; Khayamian, T.; Rudbari, H. A. The piroxicam compound of cobalt(II): synthesis in two different ionic liquids, structure, DNA- and BSA interaction and molecular modeling. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2014, 409, 379–389.
(24) Karastogianni, S.; Dendrinou-Samara, C.; Ioannou, E.; Raptopoulou, C. P.; Girousi, S. Synthesis, characterization, DNA binding properties and antioxidant activity of a manganese(II) compound with NO6 chromophore. J. Inorg. Biochem. 2013, 118, 48–58.
(25) Movahedi, E.; Rezvani, A. R. Multispectroscopic DNA-binding studies and antimicrobial evaluation of new mixed-ligand silver(I) complex and nanocomplex: a comparative study. J. Mol. Struct. 2018, 1160, 117–128.
(26) Solanki, A.; Kumar, S. B.; Doshi, A. A. Mononuclear copper(II) compounds with a tetradentate pyrazole based ligand: syntheses, structures, DNA binding study and antimicrobial activity. Polyhedron 2013, 63, 147–155.
(27) Murthy, N. N.; Manikandamathavan, V. M. M.; Punitha, V. Novel mononuclear Cu(II) terpyridine compounds: impact of fused ring thiophene and thiazole head groups towards DNA/BSA interaction, cleavage and antiproliferative activity on HepG2 and triple negative CAL-51 cell line. Eur. J. Med. Chem. 2017, 135, 434–446.
(28) Lin, C. Q.; Yang, J. X.; Zhang, X.; Qin, Y. Y.; Yao, Y. G. Organic carboxylate ligand tuned topological variations in three Zn(II) coordination polymers: syntheses, crystal structures and photoluminescent properties. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2018, 37, 1470–1478.
(29) Hu, W.; Deng, S. W.; Huang, J. Y.; Lu, Y. M.; Le, X. Y. Intercalative interaction of asymmetric copper(II) compound with DNA: experimental, molecular docking, molecular dynamics and TDDFT studies. J. Inorg. Biochem. 2013, 127, 90–98.
(30) Nishizawa, S.; Sato, T.; Sato, Y. Triplex-forming peptide nucleic acid probe having thiazole orange as a base surrogate for fluorescence sensing of double-stranded RNA. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2016, 138, 9397–9400.
(31) Yue, S. M.; Hou, T. T. Syntheses, crystal structures, and properties of nickel and cadmium compounds containing imidazole derivatives. J. Coord. Chem. 2012, 65, 3895–3902.
(32) Yue, S. M.; Yue, X. R.; Chen, Y. N. Synthesis, crystal structures and DNA-binding properties of Cd(II), Cu(II) and Ni(II) compounds with 2-(2-pyridyl)benzothiazole. Tic. Metals 2015, 200, 1–6.
(33) Sheldrick, G. M. SHELXS 97, Program for Crystal Structure Solution. University of Gottingen, Germany 1997 .
(34) Dhara, A. K.; Ghosh, S. K. Density-functional theory for time-dependent systems. Phys. Rev. A 1987, 35, 442–444.
(35) Mayo, S. L.; Olafso, B. D.; Goddard, W. A. A generic force field for molecular simulations. J. Phys. Chem. 1990, 94, 8897–8909.
(36) Igor, A.; Payam, M.; Jérôme, C.; Luisa, C. D. Iridium(III) compounds with orthometalated quinoxaline ligands: subtle tuning of emission to the saturated red color. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007, 129, 8247–8258.
(37) Lundin, N. J.; Walsh, P. J.; Howell, S. L.; McGarvey, J. J.; Blackman, A. G.; Gordon, K. C. Synthesis and characterization of a multicomponent rhenium(I) compound for application as an OLED dopant. Inorg. Chem. 2005, 44, 3551–3560.
(38) Si, Z.; Li, X.; Li, X.; Xu, G.; Pan, C. Novel Re(I) dendrimers: synthesis, characterization and theoretical studies. Dalton Trans. 2009, 38, 10592–10600.
(39) Schmidt, M. W.; Baldridge, K. K.; Boatz, J. A.; Elbert, S. T.; Gordon, M. S.; Montgomery, J. A. General atomic and molecular electronic structure system. J. Comput. Chem. 1993, 14, 1347–1363.
(40) Machura, B.; Wolff, M.; Benoist, E.; Coulais, Y. Tricarbonyl rhenium(I) compound of benzothiazole – synthesis, spectroscopic characterization, X-ray crystal structure and DFT calculations. J. Organomet. Chem. 2013, 724, 82–87.
(41) He, X. J.; Zeng, L. L.; Yang, G.; Xie, L. J.; Sun, X. N.; Tan, L. F. DNA binding, photocleavage and topoisomerase inhibitory activity of polypyridyl ruthenium(II) compounds containing the same ancillary ligand and different main ligands. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2013, 408, 9–17.
(42) Arjmand, F.; Jamsheera, A.; Mohapatra, D. K. Synthesis, characterization and in vitro DNA binding and cleavage studies of Cu(II)/Zn(II) dipeptide compounds. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2013, 121, 75–85.
(43) Siddiqi, Z. A.; Sharma, P. K.; Shahid, M.; Khalid, M. Synthesis, structural characterization, DNA binding studies and antitumor properties of tin(II)-oxydiacetate compounds containing α-diimine as auxiliary ligand. J. Photochem. Photobiol. B 2013, 125, 171–178.
(44) Palanimuthu, D.; Samuelson, A. G. Dinuclear zinc bis(thiosemicarbazone) compounds: synthesis, in vitro anticancer activity, cellular uptake and DNA interaction study. Inorg. Chim. Acta 2013, 408, 152–161.
(45) Raman, N.; Sakthivel, A.; Selvaganapathy, M. Effect of DNA interaction involving antioxidative 4-aminoantipyrine incorporating mixed ligand compounds having alpha-amino acid as co-ligand. J. Mol. Struct. 2014, 1060, 63–74.