(1)Malla, P.; Kumar, R.; Mattewal, S. K.; Mahapatra, M. K.; Kumar, M. A paradigm for development of novel PTP 1B inhibitors: pharmacophore modelling, atom-based 3D-QSAR and docking studies. Med. Chem. Res. 2014, 23, 927–938.
(2) Who Fact sheet N 312 September 2012 (2012) http://www.who.int/ mediacentre/factsheets/fs312/en/. Accessed 12th 2013.
(3) Verma, S. K.; Thareja, S. Formylchromone derivatives as novel and selective PTP-1B inhibitors: a drug design aspect using molecular docking-based self-organizing molecular field analysis. Med. Chem. Res. published online: 22 April 2016 (DOI 10.1007/s00044-016-1584-0).
(4) Verma, S. K.; Thareja, S. Molecular docking assisted 3D-QSAR study of benzylidene-2,4-thiazolidinedione derivatives as PTP-1B inhibitors for the management of type-2 diabetes mellitus. RSC Adv. 2016, 6, 33857–33867.
(5) Thareja, S.; Aggarwal, S.; Bhardwaj, T. R.; Kumar, M. Protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors: a molecular level legitimate approach for the management of diabetes mellitus. Med. Res. Rev. 2012, 32, 459–517.
(6) Feldhammer, M.; Uetani, N.; Miranda-Saavedra, D.; Tremblay, M. L. PTP1B: a simple enzyme for a complex world. Crit. Rev. Biochem. Mol. Biol. 2013, 48, 430–445.
(7) Joshi, P.; Tanwar, O.; Rambhade, S.; Bhaisare, M.; Jain, D. 2-D QSAR studies of steroidal natural products oleanic acid and their semisynthetic derivatives as potent protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B inhibitors. Med. Chem. Res. 2012, 21, 351–361.
(8) III Cramer, R. D.; Patterson, D. E.; Bunce, J. D. Comparative molecular field analysis (CoMFA). 1. Effect of shape on binding of steroids to carrier proteins. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 1988, 110, 5959–5967.
(9) Kubinyi, H. Ed. 3D QSAR in Drug Design: Theory, Methods and Applications. ESCOM Science Publishers: Leiden 1993.
(10) Lu, Y. K.; Wang, J.; Hu, Y.; Lin, Y.; Lin, Z. H. Molecular modeling studies of vascular endothelial growth factor receptor tyrosine kinase inhibitors combining molecular docking and 3D-QSAR methods. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2013, 5, 679–694.
(11) Gerhard, K.; Abraham, U.; Thomas, M. Molecular similarity indices in a comparative analysis (CoMSIA) of drug molecules to correlate and predict their biological activity. J. Med. Chem. 1994, 37, 4130–4146.
(12) Cao, H. Y.; Zhang, H. B.; Zheng, X. F.; Gao, D. B. 3D QSAR studies on a series of potent and high selective inhibitors for three kinases of RTK family. J. Mol. Graph. Model 2007, 26, 236–245.
(13) Cramer, R. D.; Cruz, P.; Stahl, G.; Curtiss, W. C.; Campbell, B.; Masek, B. B.; Soltanshahi, F. Virtual screening for R-groups, including predicted pIC50 contributions, within large structural databases, using topomer CoMFA. J. Chem. Inf. Model 2008, 48, 2180–2195.
(14) Cramer, R. D. Topomer CoMFA: a design methodology for rapid lead optimization. J. Med. Chem. 2003, 46, 374–388.
(15) Cramer, R. D.; Wendt, B. Pushing the boundaries of 3D-QSAR. J. Comput. Aided. Mol. Des. 2007, 21, 23–32.
(16) Sun, J. Y.; Wang, J. C.; Mei, H. QSAR and pharmacophore studies of thiazolidine-4-carboxylic acid derivatives as novel influenza neuraminidase inhibitors using HQSAR, topomer CoMFA and CoMSIA. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2013, 32, 744–750.
(17) Zhang, Y. N.; Zhang, W.; Hong, D.; Shi, L.; Shen, Q.; Li, Z. Y.; Jia, L.; Hua, L. H. Oleanolic acid and its derivatives: new inhibitor of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B with cellular activities. Bioorg. Med. Chem. 2008, 16, 8697–8705.
(18) Lv, Y. Y.; Yin, C. S.; Liu, H. Y.; Yi, Z. S.; Wang, Y. 3D-QSAR study on atmospheric half-lives of POPs using CoMFA and CoMSIA. J. Environ. Sci. 2008, 20, 1433–1438.
(19) SYBYL Version x 2. 0. Molecular Modeling Software, Tripos Inc., St. Louis, Missouri 2012.
(20) Clark, M.; Cramer, R. D. I.; van Opdenbosch, N. Validation of the general purpose Tripos 5.2 force field. J. Comput. Chem. 1989, 10, 982–1012.
(21) Gasteiger, J.; Marsili, M. Iterative partial equalization of orbital electronegativity: a rapid access to atomic charges. Tetrahedron 1980, 36, 3219–28.
(22) Pandey, A.; Mungalpara, J.; Mohan, C. G. Comparative molecular field analysis and comparative molecular similarity indices analysis of hydroxyethylamine derivatives as selective human BACE-1 inhibitor. Mol. Divers. 2010, 14, 39–49.
(23) Clark, M.; Cramer, R. D.; Opdenbosch, V. N. Validation of the general purpose Tripos 5.2 force field. J. Comput. Chem. 1989, 10, 982–1012.
(24) Cramer, R. D.; Cruz, P.; Stahl, G.; Curtiss, W. C.; Campbell, B.; Masek, B. B.; Soltanshahi, F. Virtual screening for R-groups, including predicted pIC50 contributions, within large structural databases, using topomer CoMFA. J. Chem. Inf. Model 2008, 48, 2180–2195.
(25) Cramer, R. D. Topomer CoMFA: a design methodology for rapid lead optimization. J. Med. Chem. 2003, 46, 374–388.
(26) Cramer, R. D.; Wendt, B. Pushing the boundaries of 3D-QSAR. J. Comput. Aided. Mol. Des. 2007, 21, 23–32.
(27) Cramer, R. D.; Jilek, R. J.; Guessregen, S.; Clark, S. J.; Wendt, B.; Clark, R. D. "Lead hopping". Validation of topomer similarity as a superior predictor of similar biological activities. J. Med. Chem. 2004, 47, 6777–6791.
(28) Jilek, R. J.; Cramer, R. D. Topomers: a validated protocol for their self-consistent generation. J. Chem. Inf. Comput. Sci. 2004, 44, 1221–1227.
(29) Cramer, R. D.; Bunce, J. D.; Patterson, D. E. Cross-validation, bootstrapping, and partial least squares compared with multiple regression in conventional QSAR studies. Quant. Struct-Act. Relat. 1988, 7, 18–25.
(30) Huang, C. S.; Tu, W. T.; Luo, M.; Shi, J. C. Molecular docking and design of novel heterodimers of donepezil and huperzine fragments as acetylcholinesterase inhibitors. Chin. J. Struct. Chem. 2016, 35, 839–848.
(31) Golbraikh, A.; Tropsha, A. Beware of q2! J. Mol. Graph. Model. 2002, 20, 269–276.
(32) Roy, K. On some aspects of validation of predictive quantitative structure-activity relationship models. Expert. Opin. Drug Discov. 2007, 2, 1567–1577.